Sunday, May 19, 2013

A good running week

This has been a good week for running, probably the best in a while.  I’m starting to feel like a competent runner again. 
The first highlight of the week came from breaking in two new pairs of running shoes.  New running shoes always make me happy, and since these shoes were mostly funded by a mother’s day gift from my mother-in-law, they made me extra happy! J  I got the Brooks Pure Flow 2 and the Nike Pegasus some number or another.  I’ve run in versions of both these shoes before and look forward to training in the new versions.
After weeks of all my runs being easy paced miles, trying to get my legs re-used to the impact, I felt like I could start including some quality training runs.  So one of my weekday runs was a hill repeat run.  It felt great to push that hard, but it was sad how hard the hills were. 
I also did a long run of 8 miles and ended up with 25 miles for the week!  I’m pretty sure it’s been since December for both of those mileages.
Best of all, this morning I got to run outside with Elisha.  This was my first opportunity for an outside run since late last fall when I decided that the treadmill was a better place for a pregnant me to run.  I was so tired of only running on the treadmill that even a rainy run outside felt amazing!  Plus it’s always great to catch up with a fun running buddy I haven’t seen in way too long.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was SO nice to get outside for a run after all this time. Great job getting back in the habit! I need to follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete