Monday, December 9, 2013

Long Lost Post - Trying to Predict a Richmond Finish Time (Written 9/9)



Trying to predict a Richmond finish time

*written 9/9

This past Friday I was playing around with a race finish time predictor. I entered my treadmill half marathon time in and got a marathon time of 4:02: some seconds. So, yay to a predicted time faster than Gettysburg, but boo to a time above 4:00.

So then I put in a 4:00 marathon to see what kind of half marathon would predict that time and it was 1:55:07…hmm…could I have run that? Possibly…but then again I was on the treadmill…

So, I’m feeling fairly sure that beating my Gettysburg time is realistic, but will I be able to get my 4:00 or under marathon that is a goal of mine? Maybe not in this race…but I can try!

Saturday’s long run had me feeling pretty strong and hopeful. We did 17 miles on the W&OD trail in 2:41. That averages out to a 9:29 minute mile. At the half marathon point we were at 2:05 so we definitely picked it up in the last 4ish miles. I probably had no business running quite that fast, but it really felt good. It really goes to show how much a drop in humidity and temperature can affect running effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment