Wednesday, October 26, 2011

MCM obsessing…

This week is going by so slowly.  My anxious anticipation for Sunday is making it seem like it will never come.  And yet, I can’t believe how close the marathon actually is; it seems surreal.  It’s comforting to read the posts on the MCM Facebook page and know that others are obsessing as much as I am. 
I want it to be Sunday, and yet I’m afraid of Sunday.  I want this marathon so bad, not just to finish, but to do well.  I know finishing is doing great for a first marathon and that I should not worry about my time, but that’s easier said than done.  Maybe since the time I want is so possible, it makes me want it more. 
I am a competitive person.  Not in the traditional sense that I have to win, but I am very competitive with myself.  I want to do the best that I can do.  I want all these hours of training to pay off in a finishing time that I know should be possible.   I know that running the best race I can, however, given whatever conditions we face on race day should be enough.
So much is out of my hands now.  I put in the training, and now all I can do is eat healthy, rest, and obsess over the weather and what to wear.  This preoccupation is making it difficult to focus on work and other things.  I definitely have a one track mind for the moment J

No comments:

Post a Comment