Sunday, January 22, 2012

Treadmill Running


Written Thursday,

I love my treadmill!  I know treadmill running is nothing like running outdoors, and I agree, that it can be very boring (although audio books and music help).  However there’s nothing like shivering the whole walk home from the metro in the dark and then running 6 miles in shorts and a sports bra perfectly comfortably.  

I realize this is ironic for me to write about after just posting how brave I was running outside in the freezing cold on Saturday, but there’s something so much more difficult about facing yucky weather before or after a hard day’s work.  Plus Bennett wasn’t running so I had no choice.

The other reason I love my treadmill is simply that I can run without Bennett.  I have the ability to run more often than him without needing to track down other runners for every run.  Yes I need long run partners no matter what, but I can run how and when I want during the week with the lovely treadmill.

I also managed to multitask.  I ran almost 5 out of those 6 miles while talking to my sister on the phone.  As my iPhone earphones that do hands free are broken, I actually had to hold the phone for those almost 5 miles…which was definitely interesting!  I really love multitasking though J  this morning, however, when I picked up my phone, I was confused why it felt kind of dirty…  Then I remembered I probably got sweat on it from my run.  Kind of gross but also funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment