Friday, November 30, 2012

Return from laziness


This has been a really good running/being active week for me.  In my last post I was feeling very lazy, and that laziness definitely continued.  In about a week and a half covering Thanksgiving and the weekend before and after, I managed all of one 6 mile run and one yoga class.  Being at my Grandma’s in PA for Thanksgiving definitely was a large part of that, so maybe saying it was pure laziness isn’t exactly right. 

I knew I wouldn’t run while I was in PA, but I had hopes of getting back early enough Saturday for a run and running on Sunday.  This definitely did not happen.  Maybe its laziness or maybe it’s being pregnant.  I was exhausted when we got back late Saturday afternoon.  I hadn’t slept as well while we were gone, and I had no energy.  Really I don’t sleep all that well most nights these days, which everyone likes to tell me is normal when you are pregnant, but I had been sleeping extra not good.  

I woke up Sunday morning hoping to feel ready to do something active…productive…but neither happened.  My body was definitely telling me to take the day and relax which I did :).  By the end of the day, however, I was feeling rested and like a completely useless lazy fatty!  

So, I am happy to say that I’ve had a very successful week…
Monday: ran 3 miles in the evening
Tuesday:  Lifted in the morning
Wednesday: ran 5 miles in the evening
Thursday: lifted in the morning
Friday: 6 miles in the evening
And Yoga planned for tomorrow and hopefully 8-10 miles on Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment